School Tax Credits

Did you know you can receive an Arizona tax credit by contributing to Santa Cruz Valley USD? Arizona law allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $400 for donations to public schools, which means your contribution doesn't just count as a deduction-it reduces what you owe in state taxes!

Just fill out a tax credit application form, which you'll find at the side of this page, and make a check payable to Santa Cruz Valley Unified School District #35, directing your contribution to one of our schools and specifying which extracurricular activities you would like your contribution to benefit. We'll send you a receipt for your records, and when you fill out your Arizona state tax returns, you can subtract your contribution of up to $400 from what you owe. It's a simple and rewarding way to benefit the students of SCVUSD.

Tax Credit Information

Your application, available in both English and Spanish, is due April 15, 2024, to qualify for the 2023 tax credit.

Now you can submit your payment through our online service.

Below you will find answers to questions that interested persons frequently ask about the Arizona state tax credit. If you have additional questions, please call (520) 281-8282, ext. 8270.

What is the Arizona state tax credit for public schools?

Arizona law provides a tax credit for contributions to public schools to support extracurricular activities. A tax credit is different from a deduction, because you may subtract the whole contribution from your Arizona state tax bill. For specific tax questions, you will want to consult with your tax advisor.

How do you define extracurricular activities?

Extracurricular means any optional, non-credit educational or recreational activity that supplements the education program of our schools. Some examples are sports, band, and clubs.

Who can participate in the tax credit program?

This program is available to all Arizona individual taxpayers, regardless of whether or not they have children in school. An individual can contribute up to $200, or a couple filing jointly can contribute up to $400.

How can I make a contribution?

Use this form,English or Español. Print the form, fill it out, and mail it to the address listed on the form. Our school offices also have hard copies of the tax credit form available for you to pick up.